I changed the way I worked on the ClanDestine in an attempt to reduce the stress on my damaged wrist and the process evolved as I
experimented. I began by drawing print size roughs in an A4 pad then I scanned these in Photoshop-- tweaking the layout by reducing or
enlarging specific panels. I then inset the image into a Marvel page template, converted it to blueline and printed it off at A3 on regular
comic page artboard. Initially I tightened the pages up in pencil, rescanned them and printed the resulting image in blueline on Artboard
for Mark farmer to ink. This last stage proved to be time consuming and counter-productive because I couldn't find a satisfactory method
to capture the finest/feintest lines without the darker more worked on areas blotting up or printing so darkly that they were distracting
during the inking process. I found that if my A4 roughs were tight enough the final A3 pencils remained clean enough to be preferable to
an innacurate blueline copy.
I initially valued the  
second A3 blueline
because it offered a
second chance to
correct the art without
major redrawing BUT
the time involved
making relatively minor
alterations ( see the
examples on the left)
was disproportionate
to the degree of
improvement.